As Shanghai is our foodie city, there are bound to be loads of great restaurants, street foods and other surprises…like food delivery apps! (very modern and convenient) Here are some of our favorites.
Recommended Restaurants and Street Foods
- Din Tai Fung – Traditional Taiwanese Food with a Shanghainese twist (we get our favorite xiao long bao here!)
- Chao Kee – Dim Sum
- Street food in the French Concession – Everything! (but mostly breakfast food so don’t prepare to eat lunch)
- Street foods: hand-pulled noodles, fried dough/you tiao, Chinese buns, and dumplings
- Yolota Noodle House – Try their classic beef noodles
- Hai Di Lao – Hot pot (cooking your food before you in a boiling pot)
· Bon App – Finding good food, near you
· Sherpas – delivering food of all cuisines to your doorstep (bilingual)
· Eleme – delivering Asian food quickly to you (Chinese only)
We hope you try some of these restaurants, street foods and food apps out! Just bring your adventurous inner eater and don’t forget to try something uncharted!